Project Delivery Information
UPDATED ON June 12, 2020.
Please save your project folder link for future deliveries, updates, or access. You may also forward the folder link to anyone who needs access.
To view 3D panoramic images or take a virtual walk-through of the scan data and take measurements, see the instructions below for downloading and installing either JetStream or SceneLT.
Project Folder Organization
- The Revit or DWG files and PDFs will be posted in the default project folder. If there are many DWG files they may be placed in a separate DWGs folder.
- The “3D Point Clouds” folder contains the RCP or RCS files used for Autodesk products like Revit, AutoCAD and ReCap. Point clouds serve as a 3D picture by which we can draw over to create our drawings. They are lower resolution and granular in nature so the Jetstream data must be used as a reference for more photo-realistic information. The 3D laser scan data is provided as a back-check for drawings delivered by ECS. Clients will review the 3D laser scan data and drawings upon delivery; and contact ECS if additional drawings, or drawing updates are needed prior to design, construction or other uses.
JetStream Install & Files
- If the project folder contains a “JetStream” folder, then continue reading for how to download and use the JetStream software and files.
- The JetStream file formats are either LGS or JSV. This data contains the 3D Panoramic view of the scan data for each scanner location. You will need to use either the JetStream Portable (no installation required) or the full JetStream Install to view the LGS or JSV files.
- You may download the JSV or LGS version of JetStream software from the following location:
- Option 1 - JetStream Portable is a viewer that does not need to be installed and can be placed on a USB stick or drive and transferred with the LGS or JSV data.
- Option 2 - JetStream Install is a standard Windows software that can be installed and run to view the LGS or JSV data. (This is the recommended option) This zip file also contains a PDF with instructions on how to use the viewer.
- MAC users will need access to a Windows machine or emulator in order to install this software.
SceneLT Install & Files
- If the project folder contains a “Scene Scan Data” folder, then continue reading for how to download and use the SceneLT software and files.
- The SceneLT file format is a ZIP file which contains a set of folders and files. This data contains the 3D Panoramic view of the scan data for each scanner location. You will need to unzip these files and then open the "FWS" file in Scene LT to view the scan data.
- Here is the page to download Scene LT. Click on the link to download the free software and fill out the info form: http://www.faro.com/faro-3d-app-center/stand-alone-apps/scene-lt
Once Scene LT is installed, go to the setting icon in the upper right (gear icon) and click the button at the top labeled "Switch User Interface". This will set the user interface to allow the opening of FWS files.
- MAC users will need access to a Windows machine in order to install this software.
Digital Content Access Security
- The download link above allows access to anyone who has the link. Forward this email to anyone who needs access to download the files.
- If you would prefer additional security for your files, contact IT@existingconditions.com . This will allow you to restrict access to the shared content on our servers.. Please provide us with the email addresses you would like to grant access to for uploading and downloading files.
- All work shall be field verified by the client prior to design, construction or other uses. Contact Existing Conditions Surveys, Inc. if any updates are needed that fall within our scope of work.
- Downloading digital content from our Google servers or accessing files attached to our emails acknowledges our terms and conditions for file content. Click here to review our terms and conditions.
Digital Content Uploads
- If you would like to upload files to our servers, you will need a Google account or Gmail address. Please provide us with the Google email addresses you would like to grant access for uploading files.
- If you do not have a Google account, then you are welcome to sign up for one, or send us a download link to your preferred cloud service (i.e. Box, Dropbox, etc.).